Prayer Team Leader
office: 641-628-4900 x237
Teams will be available to pray with you during our worship services.
Seasons of prayer is our appointment ministry for those desiring extended times of prayer.
THURSDAYS | 12:00-1:00 PM
During Refresh there is an atmosphere of quiet worship along with prayer ministers available to silently pray over you.
At Third Church we believe that healing is an expression of the gospel – knowing that Christ went to the cross so that we could be saved, healed and set free. We have over 80 prayer ministers who are trained and ready to serve you as you seek God for healing in your life. As we pray we promise to keep confidences, create a place of safety for you on your journey, listen to you and to the Lord, and to believe that God longs to bring His healing and restoration in your life. We consider it such an honor to come alongside you in prayer.
Throughout the scriptures we see that healing is a major part of Jesus’ ministry during His time on the earth. In fact the preaching of the gospel was often accompanied by healing. In these three episodes Senior Pastor Kevin Korver and Prayer Team Leader Steph Hietbrink share about our heart for healing at Third, tackle some of the tough questions that we bump into with healing and encourage you through stories of healing from our community.
• Keep confidences
• Be a safe place
• Listen to you and listen to God
• Ask that God will reveal His heart to you
• Believe that God heals and restores
• Thank God for what He is doing.
• We believe God forgives, restores and heals. “He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives.” Isaiah 61:1
• We believe God gives us power and authority for healing. “He gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases." Luke 9:1
• We believe God meets with us when we pray together. “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matt. 18:20
• We believe there is healing simply in the asking. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find” Matt 7:7-11
• We believe we as God’s people can hear His voice. “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” John 10:27
• We believe the Kingdom of Heaven comes near when we pray. “The kingdom of heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons.” Matthew 10:7-8
• We believe prayer ministry should be marked by the fruits of the Spirit. “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” Galatians 5:22
• We believe the gifts of the Spirit are still relevant and for the edification of the body. “Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.” 1 Corinthians 12:7
• We believe it is an honor to pray with another so we minister with utmost care and respect. “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:10
Seasons of Prayer is a ministry for those desiring extended times of prayer. One-hour prayer appointments occur with the same prayer ministers over 3 sessions. An application process for this ministry is used to better understand a person’s prayer needs. Use the staff link below to contact us with any questions about Seasons of Prayer or fill out an application using the button below.
Cathy Diehl | Seasons Prayer Leader
Sacred. Humbling. Mystery. Honor. These words describe, in part, the privilege of praying with others. We WELCOME people to be equipped to pray well for their own family and friends or to serve on the Prayer Ministry Team at Third.
Just outside the Place of Prayer are materials for you to read or take home.
Each semester we offer a Freedom class. Groups gather weekly to discuss the Freedom curriculum, which is designed to equip you to live the victorious and abundant life Christ came to give you. Freedom Groups build on the foundation of your faith in Christ to help you embrace the truth of God’s Word as it relates to your worldview, your past, your sin, your personal value to God, and your purpose in His Kingdom. This group will help you remove every obstacle to intimacy with God and walk in true freedom. The Freedom Curriculum focuses on six areas of personal growth: Living in the Tree of Life, Walking in the Spirit, Surrendering to Jesus, Speaking Words of Life, Becoming a Vessel God can Use, Living as a Worshipper. Watch the discipleship booklet for class offerings.
office: 641-628-4900 x237
office: 641-628-4900 x306
office: 641-628-4900 x297