Giving and Stewardship
The Third Church purpose statement is: “People that come in contact with the Third Church body will experience the Fruit of the Spirit, an ever-deepening intimacy with the Triune God and an ever-increasing sacrificial generosity of the body.” The generous gifts from the Third Church body are used to support our ministries and operations that are focused on our mission statement of “sending servant-hearted disciples with a passion for Jesus into the world.” About 30% of our budget is sent out to support a variety of ministries focused on expanding the kingdom locally, regionally and globally (see our Annual Report for details).
Securely Give Online
More and more individuals and families are choosing to give online. This secure and convenient service simplifies the giving process and allows you to give 24/7. Online giving allows you to give to Third Church by credit or debit card or by a transfer of funds from your bank account (ACH). You can set up online giving as a one-time gift or as a recurring gift. Setting up a recurring gift helps to improve stewardship and encourages consistent giving.
Giving Options at Third
Give at Third
Put your offering in the offering boxes located near the worship venues or bring to the church office.
More and more individuals and families are choosing to give online. This secure and convenient service simplifies the giving process and allows you to give 24/7. Online giving allows you to give to Third Church by credit or debit card or by a transfer of funds from your bank account (ACH). You can set up online giving as a one-time gift or as a recurring gift. Setting up a recurring gift helps to improve stewardship and encourages consistent giving. Use the button below to make an online gift.
Text Giving allows you to use your credit or debit card to give to Third Church with a text message.
To use Text Giving:
- Text the amount you would like to give to Third’s designated number, 641-243-4428.
- The first time you use text giving, you will be prompted to visit a secure URL where you will be asked to enter your credit or debit card information.
- All future donations can be made by simply texting the amount you would like to give to Third’s designated number, 641-243-4428.
- You will receive a text confirmation that your gift was successful. Please note that when you receive a new or updated card (such as a new expiration date) you will need to go through the set up process again. To do so, text EDIT to the Text Giving number. Then the next time you give via text, you will register your new card information.
Automatic (ACH) Contributions are a convenient way to give through an ACH from your checking account. You have the option to set up weekly (every Friday) or monthly (on the 15th) contributions. Setting up a recurring gift helps to improve stewardship and encourages consistent giving. You may pick up an enrollment form in the church office, at the Welcome Center or by clicking the button below. Submit your completed enrollment form to Myra Van Zee in the church office. After enrolling, you may contact the church office to make changes.
Bank Bill Pay
You can give to Third Church using your banks bill pay option (available at most banks).
Stocks, Mutual Funds and Grain
Here are two ways to give to Third Church and at the same time realize favorable tax benefits.
Stock and Mutual Funds: If securities have been held for more than one year and are gifted directly to Third Church, the donor receives a tax deduction equal to the appreciated value of the security and the unrealized capital gain is not taxable. A way to accomplish this is to establish a Donor Advised Fund or a Family Foundation.
Grain: A donor can realize a tax benefit by gifting grain directly to Third Church. To make the gift, grain is transferred to Third Church when delivered to the elevator or if the grain is in storage, by instructing elevator personnel to transfer the grain to Third Church. The tax benefit is from not recognizing income on the sale of the grain. Please consult your tax advisor, or financial advisor for advice about your individual situation.
Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
An individual age 70½ or older can make gifts directly from an individual retirement account (IRA), including required minimum distributions (RMDs), of up to $100,000 to Third Church and not have to report the IRA distributions as taxable income on their income tax returns. Please consult your tax or financial advisor for advice about your individual situation.
You may mail your gifts to the following address: Third Church 708 East 13th Street Pella, IA 50219
Consider remembering Third Church in your estate planning. Please consult your legal and/or tax advisor for advice about your individual situation.
Financial Accountability at Third Church
Third Church is committed to wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Third Church. This is accomplished through:
- A system of internal controls that provides accountability over the handling of funds.
- Budget approval by the Executive Board and congregation and an internal reporting process where actual expenses are compared to budget and material discrepancies are investigated.
- Reporting of actual financial results to the Executive Board.
- An annual audit by an independent certified public accounting firm.
- Membership in the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA). ECFA provides accreditation to leading Christian nonprofit organizations that faithfully demonstrate compliance with financial accountability, transparency, fundraising and board governance standards.
- Copies of Third Church’s audited financial statements are available in the church office.
Questions about Third Church financial practices may be directed to Darin Wogen, Executive Director of Operations, 641-628-4900 x307.