Pastoral Care Team Leader
office: 641-628-4900 x404
Whether it is a scheduled surgery or an unexpected challenge in your life, we want to be there to listen, pray and care for you.
The Third Church Pastoral Care Team wants to walk with you when you are going through a difficult time. Some of the things we offer are:
• Meeting with one of the Pastoral Care staff who will listen to your concerns.
• Praying with you concerning your needs.
• Sending an intercessory prayer request on your behalf to our church leadership.
• Letting the congregation know of your needs via the church bulletin (e.g. death in the family, recent surgery, need for drivers, etc.)
• Connecting you with Third Church ministries that could encourage you.
• Assessing the need for professional Christian counseling.
• Referring you to community resources that might also be helpful.
To contact the Pastoral Care Team, call the church office at 641-628-3051.
Sheltering Tree teams make visits to people's homes to encourage and pray with them. They provide ongoing support of congregational needs, such as visits to the elderly, those with health issues and other less urgent needs.
Pastoring Shepherds are lay people assigned to walk with a person one-on-one over several years with the purpose of building lasting relationships. They provide care to people of Third Church who are experiencing longer term care needs.
A team of volunteers provides confidential prayer support.
Funds are available to help people who need assistance to afford Christian counseling. An application process is required with periodic six-month updates.
Shawls are handmade and prayed over during construction. They convey prayer and care during difficult times.
Meals are offered short-term during times of difficulty/illness. Online sign-ups coordinate this ministry.